Note: If you understand the matter and you notice that there is something incorrect or we are recommending non-free software, please, correct the information and explain it.
This is the X.org server given by lemote, wich is necessary for running a desktop such as gnome or lxde:
- You can install it doing:
dpkg -i xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r04_mipsel.deb
- If you want to change the default configuration, you can modify your xorg.conf according to the model in the gNewSense wiki
Links searching for interpreter
- Parabola GNU/Linux is the distro with currently better (experimental) support for a improved driver [needs citation].
- A nice info is located in the FAQ of linux-loongson/comunity (near the bottom of the page, X windows section)
- This page says that the driver 1.7.3 of silicon motion increase three times the speed of video according to this article from Godson & debian users Beijing club (you can read it in google-translated English) .
- gNS developers talking about a related bug in X